Thursday, October 22, 2009

In Whitehorse

Arrived here (Whitehorse) 10/19 after getting a fourth grade education (pushed bike up four grades) very tired. Before I say more wanted to thank all of you who are praying for me and concerned about my welfare on the road. I am very grateful for that support and remain healthy and in good spirits.

The other thank you goes to Ed Debevec and Jackie for their continued support and help in setting up the blog, thank yous I did not extend at the outset as intended. And thanks to Ken Madsen for the photo you see to the left.

It is very satisfying at this point knowing that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing whatever the shape the final results may take. It also occurred to me that it is also my privilege to share when asked the Way of Peace which is the way of Love as the motivational force behind this ride. The way of Love in this sense is for the highest good of the other which may at time require tough love. The other continued welfare of all of life on the planet which will be seriously threatened if emissions of CO2 gases are checked then reversed. The hour glass is already approaching empty and we have yet to act.

In that sense it is very similar to what Peace Pilgrim shared on her journeys. This honors for me the source from which the action regarding climate change arose.

3 comments:

  1. Don,

    We love you and are following your journey. I wish you good weather!

    Sharon and Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go don. but please pick up the next pair of needle nose you see.....they could be an omen.
    namaste,
    Tom i.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Don!! THis is so awesome. I'm going to send the info to the No Nukes North list. I'm in Missoula, Montana right now - maybe it says somewhere on this blog that i haven't seen, but are you coming through here? My mom lives here and would put you up if you do. More soon, PEACE AND LOVE - Stacey

    ReplyDelete