Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quick Update 1/9/2010

After being down by the riverside in the rain yesterday it was sunny and darn near balmy today.

Made good miles ended 14 north of Centralia the halfway point to Portland. Last 13 or so miles on Yelm to Tenino bike train, appeared to be old road grade.

Earlier in day stopped to rest by a small farmstead. A lone bull in the yard had the most humongous set of horns I've ever seen, maybe Texas long horn, quien sabe. Weathervane on barn had similar bull on it. They are proud of their bull.

Picked up by Paul Johnson, a friend of a friend. Tonight camped in a hard roof shelter with a bed and Chairman Meow an in-charge curious cat.

I'm being well taken care of. Clean clothes and a shower make a new man.

Resume tomorrow from where I left off in Tenino. More rain in forecast.

Peace Rider

1 comment:

  1. I just found you blog. I am a bike tourer preparing to ride a long tour in a few months. I live just a few miles from Yelm, and I ride the Yelm-Tenino trail quite frequently (pulling my Bob trailer to train for my tour). You are corrent about the trail being a "rail to trail" project. I regret not finding your journal prior to this, I would have loved to meet you and ride for a few miles. Take care on your journey.

    Dave B

    ReplyDelete