Wednesday, May 5, 2010

On the Road from Strasburg, OH 5/05/10

Just a brief note to update my whereabouts.

I arrived here Monday afternoon after being picked up by my friends Don and Bev Frickie in Cambridge, OH. I will resume from there tomorrow.


Don and I worked for the US Fish and Wildlife Service many years ago when the office was on Airport Road. When Don left for Bethel I took his position as Assistant Refuge Manager on the Arctic National Wildlife Range. Averill Thayer was the first Manager of ANWR and our boss then.

I will continue east bound on Hwy 40 into PA then intersect the Great Allegheny Passage Bike Trail near West Newport most likely. From Cumberland, MD I'll follow the C&O Towpath into DC. Try to reach DC around 13 May, see if I can fit Obama into my schedule.


PRD

1 comment:

  1. From jet jockey to pedal pusher, Don, you've done it all. Good luck on your ride. I hope you can find a moment or two for the skinny man himself!

    Dallas

    ReplyDelete