Friday, May 17, 2013

Peace Rider in Homer 17 May 2013

Dear Friends

A brief update to let you know I made it to Homer safely and awaiting developments.  Guess you are still having cold visit you in Fairbanks.   It is much the same here with snow overnight then rain but sunny now in the early afternoon.

I had a good day yesterday visiting different folks to see what I might be able to organize as an event.  The most promising conversation was with the Center for Coastal Studies.  I talked to Beth the director and she said  she would put my proposal before her Board of Directors to see if they would be willing to help organized an event around me and the banner.  I should know later today if that is a possibility.  If so I will be staying here through next week.  She indicated they could not do anything before next weekend which is early for Memorial Day.  That could work out well since they will have a yurt out on the Spit and hopefully some more moderated weather.

It would also give me time to put an ad in the local newspapers and a spot on the local radio station.  I talked to Dave the Manager yesterday and he said having a local non-profit as part of the project would be helpful. 

Also ran into the Chase, the Vice-President of the local biking club and may attend their annual meeting tonight.  So I'm in circulation and meeting folks.  Also reconnected with old friends living here as well. 

So will see on all this and let you know.  Think the message on the banner has a universal appeal and resonates with many folks on different levels.  Hopefully, can create a fun event for folks of all ages.  You can see a part of it on Facebook which truncated the ends.  May be able to get it posted in full here.  Will see on that. 

Will head out of here on some date as yet to be decided headed for Fairbanks about 600 miles north of here with a few hills to climb in between.

More to come from on the road,

Peace Rider - Don



No comments:

Post a Comment