Friday, May 30, 2014

On the Water Next 5/30/14

Summer is a busy time in Alaska thus the dirth of blogging from me.  But it has been a good time also to take stock and see what may be around the next corner for Peace Rider.

Tomorrow I'm headed south with a friend and my 20' homemade sailboat, Wave Dancer, to continue a journey I started in 2009 from Homer to Seward.  This one will begin in Seward and take me on to Cordova and possibly further south to Juneau depending on weather and how I feel at that point.

For me traveling into the wilderness and having some time of solitude away from the madding crowd
has given me moments to reflect and see where spirit would have me go next. 

Unfortunately, I won't be able to take you all along on this one.  I had a Spot device but not the right one to give a position report as I move along.  If you know of anyone with an old Spot Messenger I can use let me know?  As it is I may not catch up with email until Cordova so this may not work out either.  If I don't go further will head for Valdez and hitch a ride to recover my truck and trailer in Fairbanks.  So will see, another adventure in the offing and will report at least from Cordova

Sunday in Seward and launch.

Onward,

Peace Rider

No comments:

Post a Comment