Sunday, November 4, 2012

Peace Rider Arrives Safely in Denver 11/1/2012

Just a quick note to let all know who are following the blog that I made it safely to North Glen, CO my destination for the moment.  I left the next day for South Park to help my college friend Eddie Kockman with some work around his cabin near Fairplay. 
 
When we return to Denver no later than this Thursday will try to carve put time to together a longer piece on final thoughts and learnings from my third jaunt across the country by bicycle. 
 
I would say in brief that traveling across Montana and Wyoming I was reminded of a similar windy passage across Kansas on my first ride.  Sometimes the winds were a bane with stong crosswinds out of the west and southwest and at other times a real boost with a stong tailwind pushing me along.  I was very glad to not be on a west bound slog.   But it did give me a real sense of what our pioneer forefathers faced heading out onto the prairies.  I thoroughly enjoyed free camping on the prairie often led to the only stand of trees for miles around.  Without a heated tent a morning and evening campfire to cook on and warm hands was a boon to a body weary from a days hard but satisfy work. 
 
As it stands now I will be leaving Colorado November 13th,  to catch up with friends in Panama, rest a bit and let what needs to happen next clarify.
 
Peace Rider - Don

No comments:

Post a Comment