Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Off the road (temporarily) in Holquin

Arrived here yesterday feeling the effects of having not ridden a bicycle for nearly a month. I got off at Cacocum in the early AM Monday.  Developìng cold symptoms were not helped by an all nighter on a train without sleep.

I also had some difficulty putting the bike together on the train platform.  Augustino who was watching along with others worked came to my rescue and helped me sort them out, the derailer cable twisted the wrong way around the frame: of my own doing when I disassembled the bike. 

By the time I arrived here in mid-afternoon during the heat of the day I was pretty whipped.  From a biking Cuba book I had the address of a Casa Familiar here.  With the help of two young men I found Antonio´s Casa at 199 Morales and Lemus.  Antonio recommended I try a herbal remedy for a cold and I set off to find the pharmacy selling homeopathic remedies he suggested. Taking that now and feeling a bit better this AM but decided to lay over another day still not feeling like getting on my bike right away. . 

Will head for Gibara tomorrow most likely.  I have been unable so far to contact Friends here or in Gibara from the telephone numbers I was given.  Antonio told me many numbers have been changed.

To Angel, I look forward to catching up with you again somewhere down the road.  

Peace Rider


No comments:

Post a Comment