Saturday, February 1, 2014

On the Road from La Habana Feb. 1, 14

A brief note since I´m on a limited budget of time at this ¨cafe¨.  Alice, me,  fell into the rabbit hole and arrived in another reality the day before yesterday.  But all is well, being well taken care of in the Casa Familiar of Carlos and Neida

Yesterday, walked my legs off ending up not so directly at the Le Coubre train station.  Carlos called two places ahead of time and was told I needed to make train reservations five days in advance.  Off I headed for the station to see what was possible.  I had read one could make reservations there.  That turned out to be the case.

Tomorrow I´m out a here on a 4 PM train headed east.  I´ll get off at Cacocum station a ways south of Holquin in the Oriente.  Have-bicycle-will-travel.  Have to show up ahead of time for the train but no problem doing that. 

Impressions:  diversity is the spice of life, in people, buildings, points of view and the natural world.  Sameness equals monotony and boredom.  I have been neither here.  A fascinating place free the kinds of violence, especially with guns, that rob the streets of peace and and a feeling of tranquility.  There is good energy here.  I have been welcomed by strangers on the street asking where I´m from.  Fifties era Plymouths, Desotos, Cadillacs, Fords, Cheverolets, Studebakers and Chryslers ply the streets as taxis. Without emission controls you can smell the carbon in the air.  But hey, no place is perfect.  Far less trash on the streets than I expected with fewer plastic encased goods available.

Today I stopped at two very busy farmers markets where fruit and vegetables are plentiful and inexpensive.

Something to consider:  religious dogma of all kinds is like buying a step ladder in a hardware store.  It is inherently limited and will stunt your growth if you become self-satisfied that that is all there is to it.  The ladder of evolving consciousness we are all climbing has an unlimited number of extension.  The discovery of your True Natureawaits. 

Peace Rider

Pa´lante




No comments:

Post a Comment